Executive Director Job Description
Forsyth Futures is seeking a dynamic, collaborative leader for the Executive Director position. Our organization puts community knowledge to work by providing an objective broad view of local information, being a catalyst, connecting people, and serving as a convener. Data provided by Forsyth Futures provides context so decision makers can take strategic action.
The Executive Director provides direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission, guiding principles, annual goals and objectives under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions
The Executive Director’s core functions are focused on three main areas:
- Directing the data analysis and research of the organization, including guidance on research areas of focus, research methodologies and supervision of the FF staff (primarily researchers).
- Marketing Forsyth Futures and its catalyst capabilities throughout the community including helping the community understand the critical issues the community faces, what organizations are already participating in programs and solutions, and acting as a catalyst to bring groups together for solutions.
- Bringing an experienced fundraising/friendraising mindset to the organization in order to both maintain the current funding base and expand the funding base in order to support the organization’s mission.
- Manages staff, including hiring and performance evaluations for employees, interns, and contractors.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices, partnering with accounting and payroll providers, and Board Treasurer.
- Master’s Degree or PHD with experience in conducting research studies with published outcomes.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience.
- Leadership experience managing small teams and collaborating across multiple organizations.
- Prior experience working for and/or with major nonprofit, education, and human services organizations.
Characteristics and Abilities
- Skilled at forging consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and diplomacy.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and operational plans.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent presentation, communication (including listening), and networking skills.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should include examples of improvements or impact through previous data delivery, and your methods for building and maintaining important relationships.